Hair Transplant Cost in India
One of the most common question asked by patients before undergoing hair transplant surgeryis - “How much does a hair transplant surgery cost?”. In General, the cost of hair restoration procedure in India ranges from INR 45,000 to INR 45,0000 and is based on various factors like surgeon's expertise, location of the surgery, number of grafts, and technique used, etc. There are various other finer factors like hygiene, quality of instruments, comfort, and pain management. The patient should expect some higher charges with clinics that maintain everything as per international standards – the main reason is that they incur higher costs.
With the advancement of technology, hair transplants are more accessible and affordable, but most of the patients are reluctant to go for hair transplant surgery because of less knowledge of the procedure and its cost.India offers cost-effective options as compared to other countries.
Apart from the cost of surgery, blood tests before the surgery and the medications required after the surgery are also chargeable. It is important to be aware of the fraudulent practices that are increasing with the fast-growing market and only go to a clinic after inquiring about the reviews and results.
Per Graft Hair Transplant Cost in India
The grades of baldness and the number of Grafts required to cover baldness are two main factors that influencing the price of hair transplant. The below table gave you a clear idea of the minimum and maximum cost associated with hair transplant surgery depending upon grafts;
|Number of Grafts||Cost on Lower Side||Cost on Higher Side||No of Sittings|
|800-1000 grafts||INR 45,000||INR 1,00,000||1 Sitting|
|1000 – 2000 grafts||INR 75,000||INR 2,00,000||1 Sitting|
|2000 – 3000 grafts||INR 125,000||INR 350,500||1-2 Sittings|
|3000 – 4000 grafts||INR 1,75,000||INR 4,50,000||1 – 2 sittings|
Disclaimer: The above mentioned price is only for reference, every patient is given a custom quote depending on the choice of surgeon, location and technique. There is Service Tax/GST applicable on the cosmetic surgeries in India.
Graft & Cost Calculator
Know a brief idea about how much the hair transplant should cost you as per your baldness grade. You must contact us for exact quote.
Graft Estimation for Male Pattern Baldness
Male pattern baldness can range from minor recession of hairline in grade 1 to extensive baldness in grade 7. The requirement of the grafts and thus, the cost of the surgery will depend on the grade of baldness and number of sittings.
|Grade||Grafts required (Minimum)||Grafts required (Maximum)||Technique suggested|
|Nil||Nil||Hair transplant is not recommended and some medicines can be used to promote hair growth|
|800||1200||Hairline reconstruction by FUE|
|2000||2500||FUT/FUE for hairline + PRP/ LLLT for crown|
|3000||4000||HT by desirable technique + BHT. Medical therapy is mandatory to preserve the pre-existing hair. PRP and LLLT can be done.|
|4000||6000||Surgery can be done over 2 sessions with FUE or FUT or BHT|
|5000||8000||Giga sessions done over 2 sittings with FUE or combination of FUE and FUT|
|6000||more||2-3 sittings may be needed. Artificial hair restoration should be explored.|
(This is just a rough idea. The exact number will depend upon the physical examination, hair analysis and patient’s expectation.)
Graft estimation for Female Pattern Baldness
Female pattern baldness is different from male pattern and requires more expertise. Most of the females are not comfortable with the idea of shaving their head so the surgery is more time consuming and difficult. So one should expect about 20% - 25% higher cost compared to men.
|Grade||Grafts required (Minimum)||Grafts required (Maximum)||Technique suggested|
|I||1000||1200||1 session FUE/ Non-shaven FUE|
|II||1500||2000||1-2 sessions FUE|
|III||2500||3000||2-3 sessions FUE|
FUE vs FUT Hair Transplant Cost
Whatever procedure patient may opt for, the final cost of the procedure will depend on the total number of grafts. Even though FUT requires a more trained staff and expertise, the cost of FUE is much higher as it requires more time. Also, the steps of FUE requires more of surgeon’s time and expertise than the team itself where follicles are extracted and then transplanted graft by graft.
- Requires more of surgeon’s expertise
- Time-consuming as compared to FUT
- Extraction is done graft by graft
- Requires trained staff
- Less time consuming
- Strip excision is done.
Factors affecting the cost of Hair Transplant
The cost will depend on various factors such as:
- Location of the clinic: The clinics that are situated in metro cities and offer easy access to airports & other easily transport methods may cost a little more.
- Reputation of the clinic: The reputation of hair transplant clinic comes with higher degree of standards. So, such clinics do command premium over the other to offer the same to the patient.
- Surgeon’s qualification, expertise and competence: A national/ International board-certified surgeon may charge more. For the simple reason that travelling worldwide to bring the best practices & latest improvements costs a clinic much higher.
- Total number of grafts/ follicles: The chart has been given to depict the same.
- Method of surgery – DHT (Direct hair transplantation), FUE (Follicular Unit excision) , BHT ( Body hair transplantation) or FUT ( Strip surgery) all have different methods and effort, hence the cost.
- Grafts extracted from the beard or other body site may be charged more than the ones extracted from the scalp.
How AK Clinics Doctors evaluate the Cost of Hair Transplant
At AK clinics, we provide the best services depending on the requirement and expectation of the patient in the following way:
- Hair analysis is done to estimate the total number of grafts that can be taken out.
- Detailed consultation is done with the doctor to evaluate the total number of grafts according to the patient’s need and expectations.
- Once the total number of grafts are decided, then the final cost is calculated depending on the total number of grafts.
- The cost per graft depends on the operating surgeon’s expertise and the technique that will be most suitable in that case.
- Also, the grafts extracted from the body are charged more than the grafts from the scalp.
Frequently Asked Questions
- They do not follow guidelines from Medical Council & ISHRS for having only a qualified doctor do the incisions and extraction.
- Also, they follow very poor sterilization techniques causing long term side effects.
- They use low quality instruments to cut the costs; simple forceps used in implantation can cost anywhere between INR500 to INR8000 but the cheap one offers very low precision.
- They do not know or keep record of any transection rate that may cause damage to the donor area.
It is important that that patient should not go looking at the lowest cost but a reasonable cost. You may use facilities like 0% finance on hair transplant to stagger the same rather using a low quality service
Blog/Case Studies/Success Stories
Before/After Hair Transplant
I started facing hair loss at the age of 26 but it was not very noticeable. But at 29 the hair loss progressed very quickly and crown almost became empty. And further my hair line receded quickly. Now at the age of 31 I started looking very old. I tried many medicines like homeopathic etc etc but nothing seems to work. Then I started searching for my options and finally decided for a hair transplant.
I can see good results post-transplant. Overall good. As suggested, I may go for further transplant for crown area. I am currently taking 6 months cyclical therapy again to stop hair fall. Then will take the decision accordingly. I can say I would prefer someone for A K Clinic. As it is giving person the way to live more happily..?
"Had a hair transplant at AK Clinics under care of Dr KAPIL DUA. And after treatment it has been 3 month now and I have very much inproved growing hair. He is best surgeon ever seen and very experienced in this art. They also provided very good atmosphere while surgery. With his experience he gave very confident to his patients while surgery. (Hair Transplantation)
"After talking to Dr Kapil I have decided to go for a hair transplant surgery which turned out to be very good. Total of 6000 grafts were transplanted. The density was medium density. The procedure was FUE without any scar. The procedure was by done both Dr Kapil and Dr Aman. I strongly recommend anyone who is looking for a FUE surgery in India."