What is Hair loss in men?
There are many people who are aware of the fact that losing up to a 100 hair a day is normal; however, there would also be many who would not be aware of when this normal hair loss turns into a more serious condition. As a matter of fact, many men suddenly notice that there is a huge bald patch on the top of their head.
Hair loss is actually a much more common problem than most people would think – but diagnosing the type of hair loss is imperative and this is something that only an experienced professional can do. There are causes to be analysed and types to be looked into, before a course of action can be decided.
Most Common Causes of Hair Loss in Men
AK Clinics is India’s leading & pioneer Hair restoration and aesthetic dermatology center. We have the experience of more than 2500 procedures and provide the highest quality of results at affordable cost at our exclusive centers across India, with the highly trained team of doctors. We strive to provide the best results. Apart from this we have;
- Improper lifestyle, which includes unhealthy eating, stress and improper hair washing techniques
- Imbalance of thyroid
- Physical trauma such as an accident or surgery or chemical injuries such as acid burns
- Medical treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation
- Genetic disorders
- Infectious diseases such as herpes, leprosy and tuberculosis
- Skin diseases such as Lichen Planers and DLE
Types of Hair Loss in Men
How Does Hair Loss Progresses in Men
The Process of Diagnosis
It is crucial that a thorough physical examination be done and the history of the patient is looked into. Certain lab tests might be recommended, in order to gain a complete and comprehensive patient assessment. These tests could include:
- Iron, total iron-binding capacity and transferrin saturation, which will allow the measurement of the exact amount of iron deficiency and detect the presence of telogen effluvium
- Thyrotropin levels
- A biopsy and histology might be required to detect any infections
Several Methods of Treating Hair Loss
- Non-surgical methods: If the hair loss is not too extensive, nonsurgical methods would be a good idea. These would include hair pieces, extensions, patches, weaves, Mesotherapy or topical therapies such as Minoxidil or Finasteride.
- Hair transplant: If the condition is male pattern baldness, wherein a part of the scalp suffers complete or near complete hair loss, then hair transplant would be a good idea. There is the option of either follicular unit transplantation or extraction. These days, hair transplants can be done without much human intervention, in the manner of automated hair transplant too.
Blog/Case Studies/Success Stories
Before/After Hair Transplant
Before/After HT Results Gallery
Must see before/ after gallery of hair transplant results for making realistic expectations
Hear to our Successful Patients
These videos will helpful in the decision making process for any person evaluating hair transplant
AK Clinics' Hair Loss Treatment Centres in India
Hair Loss Treatment in Ludhiana
- 51-E, Sarabha Nagar, Opp Kipps Market, Ludhiana, Punjab 141001, India
Hair Loss Treatment in Delhi
- M-20, Greater Kailash I, Near M Block Market, New Delhi-110048, India
Hair Loss Treatment in Bangalore
- 1st Floor, 316 The Mayfair, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038, India