Main Causes of Hair Loss
To treat any condition, it is important to understand the reasons behind the problem – similarly, before offering any hair loss treatment in Hyderabad, it is important to understand the root cause of the hair loss first. There are several contributing factors for hair loss and some of the main ones include:
- Genetics – If there is hair loss in your family, chances are that you will have to face hair loss too. Studies have shown that genetics have a strong role to play in hair loss and if you have a history of hair loss, then chances are that you could inherit the same too.
- Lifestyle – For people who use too many chemicals on their hair, constantly use heat based tools or have hairstyles that are too tight, hair loss might be a lot more than others. In addition, if your diet does not have sufficient fresh fruits and vegetables or you do not keep yourself hydrated, you could be inviting trouble.
- Medical conditions – In case you have any medical conditions, such as hyperthyroidism or cancer could lead to hair loss. However, in such cases, with the proper treatment, the hair loss should reduce and there is also the possibility of hair re-growing.
- Traumatic incidents – In certain cases, if a person has undergone a traumatic experience, such as an accident or even mental trauma, such as the loss of a dear one, there could be sudden and massive hair loss.
Common Symptoms of Hair Loss
Hair fall solutions will be dependent on what is causing your hair loss and in order to understand your hair loss, it is important to see the symptoms first. The symptoms of hair loss present differently for different people, however, there are certain common symptoms that will be visible for almost anyone suffering from serious hair loss:
- Although a few hair in your comb is considered normal, if you are noticing hair coming out in clumps, then you know that there is something wrong.
- Similarly, if you are noticing a lot more hair on your brush, towel, pillow or bathroom floor, then it could be something amiss.
- For men, bald spots will start appearing either on the crown of the head or you might noticing a very prominent thinning around the temples.
- For women, hair loss is seen more in the format of thinning – this means that you might be seeing your scalp a little more than you might want.
- Certain people might also notice scaling along with the hair loss.
Types of Hair Loss
When you step into AK Clinics, you will get to meet the best dermatologist in Hyderabad for hair loss and once they have examined your hair, they will be able to better judge the type of hair loss that you are suffering from. With this knowledge in hand, they will be able to better choose the right path of treatment for you. The main types of hair losses include:
- Androgenetic alopecia – This is the most common type of hair loss and is a type of hair loss that affects men as well as women. In this type of hair loss, you will notice a gradual thinning and then the appearance of bald spots.
- Telogen Effluvium – Each hair on our head follows a three step cycle – growth, transition and rest phase. When a large number of hair enter the resting phase at once, but do not move onto the next phase, there is a situation of hair loss.
- Anagen Effluvium – This is the type of hair loss that results due to medical treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation. However, in most cases, once the treatment is over, the hair tends to grow back.
- Alopecia Areata – An autoimmune condition that leads to the loss of all body hair, in this condition, it is the healthy tissues that are affected.
- Cicatricial Alopecia – Also known as scarring alopecia, this is a rare condition, in which there is an inflammation that leads to the destruction of the hair follicles. Not only do the hair fall out, there is scarring in the place, not allowing any new hair to grow instead.
- Involutional alopecia – This is the natural condition in which your hair will start to thin out because of age.
- Traction Alopecia – When you tie your hair too tight, in braids or ponytails, you are pulling the hair away from the scalp, leading to breakage. However, this a problem that can be solved by simply changing the hair style.
- Trichotillomania – This is a condition in which people have a tendency to pull their own hair out. Yet again, this is a situation that can be avoided or changed by simply stopping the habit.
- Fungal or other types of infections – And then there are certain types of infections, such as tinea capitis, which could also lead to hair loss.