Gynecomastia is the enlargement of the glandular tissue and accumulation of the fatty tissues in the male breast. Gynecomastia usually occurs during the infancy and puberty state in normally developing boys. The main reason behind this is the imbalance of the hormones in the body. There is increase in the estrogen (female hormone) levels in the body as compared to the androgen (male hormone). Gynecomastia can be treated with the surgical procedure. As it is a surgical procedure, you have to take care of your health and have to follow the proper instructions given by the doctor.
Post Op Instructions after Gynecomastia Surgery/ Breast Reduction Surgery
- There will be swelling around the eyes or on face after the surgery. It will resolve itself by the end of 2nd- 3rd week of the surgery. However, the outer skin of the nose may remain swollen for little long time.
- There will be a small amount of loose packing which is placed into the nostrils. It will be removed 24-48 hours post surgery depending upon the extent of the surgery.
- There will be a nasal discharge of small drops of pink colored water for few days. Gently wipe the area with a soft tissue.
- Avoid taking any blood thinning agents 2 weeks before and even 2 weeks after the surgery. Do not consume alcohol too. As these agents can cause bleeding and also promotes the swelling.
- Do not bend your head below the heart level. Try to keep it in normal or upward direction.
- Try to sneeze with your open mouth.
- Keep on drinking plenty of fluids as you feel dryness of throat.
- You may experience pain in the treated area and mild headache too. The doctor will prescribe the painkillers to get rid of pain after the rhinoplasty surgery.
- Do not drive if you are on narcotics or taking any sedative medications.
AK Clinics' Skin Care Centres in India
- 51-E, Sarabha Nagar, Opp Kipps Market, Ludhiana, Punjab 141001, India
- M-20, Greater Kailash I, Near M Block Market, New Delhi-110048, India
- 1st Floor, 316 The Mayfair, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038, India