For years, Botox has been used to help reduce the signs of aging, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and give skin a firmer appearance. However, with the ever changing face of medical and technological advancements, so many new uses of Botox are now starting to appear and some of them are actually quite interesting.
Here is a look at some of the most interesting and often effective uses of Botox, apart from those associated with younger and healthier looking skin:
- Botox can be used to treat migraine – A growing number of doctors are now using Botox to treat migraines, because Botox could possibly stop a migraine, before it actually starts, nipping the bud, before it blooms! The doctor would probably ask you to undergo a battery of tests to confirm that the headache you are having is a migraine and nothing else. However, the injections are only for adults, who have close to 15 or more migraines in a month. Once the Botox treatment has been done, the pain should reduce, along with the frequency.
- It can treat certain eye related problems – If you have been struggling with a cross eye, Botox might actually be the assistance that you have been looking for. With the advice from an experienced eye specialist, you could get injections into the muscles of the eyes that control the movements. If everything goes well, the appearance of the cross eye should become minimal. There is also the condition known as blepharospasm, which leads to the uncontrolled twitching of the eyelids. Botox is one of the easiest methods to treat this condition and the effects of the treatment can last up to three months.
- Say goodbye to body odour – If you are someone who needs to invest in a huge number of deodorants and body mists, simply because you are unable to get a handle on your body odour, then Botox might be the answer to your prayers. Even though the treatment is not fool proof, there are studies which have shown the efficacy of the same. Botox will be injected in places such as the palms, the soles of the feet and at times, even the groin, to block the sweat glands.
- Bring your bladder under your control – There are certain medical conditions that lead to a hyperactive bladder. In this condition, the muscles of the bladder undergo uncontrollable spasms and that leads to the sudden dispersal of urine. This can actually be quite an embarrassing situation, but Botox seems to be the answer for this problem as well. studies have shown that when the Botox is administered properly, it can reduce the muscles, leading to lesser spasms and hence reduced urinary incontinence.
- Reduce the symptoms associated with Parkinson’s – People suffering from conditions such as Parkinson’s have trouble with a range of their bodily functions. While some might not have a control over the twitching of their hands, there are others who will continue to drool. Since Botox is essentially a muscle relaxant, it will be able to help with certain conditions associated with Parkinson’s too. Studies have shown that the issues related to muscle spasticity that are often associated with Parkinson’s can often be controlled using a certain number of carefully administered Botox injections.
- No need to be depressed – The most recent studies have shown that Botox could also possibly help reduce depression. While there are those who believed that when a person looked younger or better, there was a marked improvement in their moods. However, in depth studies have shown that the chemical composition of Botox helps elevate mood levels and reduce the symptoms of clinical depression.
Image Source : www.bcds.co.za