In the previous article, we spoke about how common items such as curd, coconut milk and hibiscus flowers and leaves can reduce hair loss and make your mane beautiful. In this article, we are going to continue doing the same, looking at many more universally found ingredients, which could prove to be great for hair care
- Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamin E and mono unsaturated fatty acids and this is why it has made its way into kitchens all over the world. Now while most people know that olive oil is great for the body and allows you to stay fit and healthy, there are a very few people who know of its hair related benefits. The vitamin and the fat in the oil help reduce hair loss. If you warm olive oil mixed with some regular coconut oil, and apply the same on your scalp and hair, you will be able to see a genuine reduction in hair loss. This mixed oil can be used every time, you are planning to wash your hair.
- Vitamin B, vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, protein and carbohydrates – all these are present in the humble beetroot and each of these are essential for proper hair growth. The simplest method would be to drink beetroot juice every day or eat a few slices of beetroot. There is another method, which does not include the intake of beetroot – take the beet leaves and boil them in some water. Grind the leaves and mix the same with henna and apply the paste on the scalp. Leave for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash off with cold water. It is best that this treatment is repeated a minimum of two times in a week.
- While many people might not think of combining spinach with lettuce, a juice prepared using these two leafy vegetables can work wonders for your hair. Drink a glass of this each day, and you will notice a visible change in how your hair feels.
- Tea leaves are also known to work well in reducing hair loss, which is why a tea decoction would be an ideal option. Boil some tea leaves in water and strain the liquid. Mix in some lemon juice and use this concoction as a post shampoo rinse. Wash off with some more water, but do not shampoo after washing hair with the tea decoction.
- Both shana seeds and lime seeds are known to work towards reducing hair fall. Lime seed powder, mixed with fresh black pepper powder and a little water can be applied to small bald patches on the head. Massage this paste gently and leave for 15 minutes, before washing it off. Shana seeds too can be ground to a powder and mixed with coconut oil to create a paste. Applying this paste to the scalp can strengthen the roots of the hair. The same can be easily washed off with shampoo, after 15-20 minutes.
- Many people are choosing to eat multiple egg whites in the morning, because they realise that it is a great way to maintain body weight. But did you know that the same egg white can reduce hair loss? Use egg whites to create a hair mask and shampoo the same off after 15 minutes. Continue with this treatment, once every week, to notice visibly stronger hair.
- While apple cider vinegar can certainly tweak up your salads and marinades, a rinse with the same will also brighten up your hair. If the smell of the same is a problem, you can always mix it with your normal hair oil and apply it. Wash off with normal water, and keep this routine, post shampoo.
- The humble potato, which is found in kitchens across the globe, when boiled in water, creates a concoction that can help you in arresting hair loss. The water, in which the spuds have been boiled, should be allowed to cool down, and this water should be used to rinse hair, after shampoo.
- Known as Lawsonia intermis, Egyptian privet and even mignonette, henna is a leaf, which is not only a great conditioner, but also a natural colouring agent. For centuries, this leaf has been used in Asia and the Middle East to nurture and nourish hair. Some of the simplest method of using henna includes creating a paste with henna powder and curd. Similarly, you can create an oil with henna leaves – boil henna leaves in mustard oil, till the times the leaves are completely burnt out. Filter the oil and store in a sterilised jar with a strong lid. Use this oil normally, every day to see the difference. You could also combine henna leaves with beetroot juice and apply to the hair roots.
- The coriander leaf, which is used to garnish and flavour dishes, can also be used to make a thick paste, which is known to tackle hair loss in a natural and effective manner.
There are also certain hair packs that you can create, using these very ingredients, which will help you in handling hair loss
. For instance, mix henna with egg whites and curd and apply to the hair. Or else you could combine with aloe vera, shikakai, amla and neem for stronger hair
. Olive oil, honey and cinnamon together also work well.
Using these simple and easily found ingredients, you can not only arrest hair loss, but also ensure that your hair look healthy and beautiful!