As winter season is on us now and the living ain’t easy for our hair and skin. During winter, the whipping winds, dry air and chilled temperature can readily do a number on our soft and moisturized hair. The variation in temperature i.e. cold air outside and central heat indoors can strip away moisture from the strands and pores of our hair making them rough and dry.
So, don’t let the cold winter air to create wreak havoc on your hair and lock the moisture in your hair to make them lustrous & healthy. Here are the tips to fight dry and frizzy hair this winter.
Keep it cool
Dry your hair right
Hot oil treatment
Cover your crown
Natural remedies to get rid of flaky, dry and frizzy hair
Banana & Avocado
This combination is best for moisturizing the dry hair as banana helps to improve the elasticity of the hair strands while avocado is well known for its moisturizing property. This makes the hair less prone to the hair fall. Avocado helps in the regulation of the water content of the hair and also preserves it in the hair follicles.
- Add one ripe banana and two avocados in a bowl and mash them properly to form a smooth paste.
- You can add little amount of olive oil in the mixture to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp properly and sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse it with mild shampoo. Do not use hot water for washing.
Eggs are known best to make hair strong, soft, shiny and bouncy. Dry hair are unmanageable and to de-tangle with the comb. To preserve the moisture in the hair, egg white works well. You can use the shampoo containing egg too.
- Take 2 egg whites in a bowl and add few drops of water in it.
- Whisk the mixture of egg white and water properly to make foam.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp, strands and especially on split ends.
- Rinse it with mild shampoo after 30-40 minutes.
Rice, Milk and Honey
Rice water has astonishing benefits to hair. Rice water help to decrease the surface friction of hair during winters due to woolen clothes and also improves the elasticity of hair. It also strengthens your hair roots; add volume, sheen to your hair making them soft.
- Make a mixture of rice milk by adding rice and milk in the blender.
- Blend them properly to make a uniform paste.
- Add honey to the mixture and mix them properly.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp, strands and tips.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it with luke warm water.
- This mixture gives the mild and nice fragrance from hair.
Castor oil for hair
Castor oil is best known for its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. In winters, dandruff due to itchy scalp, dry hair, hair breakage commonly occurs and castor oil for hair mask for dry hair is considered as the best remedy.
- Take 1 tbsp of castor oil.
- Mix 1 tbsp of coconut oil in it.
- Mix them properly and apply it on your scalp.
- Massage your scalp thoroughly.
- Leave it overnight and rinse next morning with luke warm water