So you are someone who does not have a lot of time to take care of your hair, which is why you have chosen to cut your hair really short. However, you are also someone who does not want to compromise with style, which is why you are constantly on the lookout for new hairstyles that you can do easily and on your own.
Luckily for you, there are plenty of hairstyles that are ideal for short hair and are actually quite easy to do.
- Pixie cuts: If you have opted for a pixie cut, then there are plenty of styles you can try out and one would be colouring your hair interesting colours. To give it a look that is in step with the modern times, dampen your hair and apply a light leave in treatment. Using a blow dryer along with a paddle brush, simply set your hair and ensure that the style frames your face in a gentle manner. If you are looking for a more voluminous look, then you can apply a smoothening lotion to your damp hair and then use a blow dryer first. Later, with the help of a straightening iron, you can create a look that is sleek, but also provides volume to the top of the head or in the crown area.
Source : www.partyandress.com
- Classic girl: If you have a short bob, then you could go for a look that is popularly known as the classic girl. The look is a soft and gentle one, which is often styled using the fingers. The style is done using dry hair, wherein you have to apply a lightweight texturizing serum and give it the time to set. Your curling iron should have a large barrel setting, using which you should try to create S like waves all through your hair. Make sure that you do not comb your hair through vigorously after that and finish the look with a hairspray. You can make the look a tad bit more stylish, by adding a bejewelled or floral headband.
- Ringlets: This is yet another great hairstyle for short bob cuts and does not require a lot of work. Use a volumizing serum or foam and work it through the length of your dry hair. With the help of a small barrel curling iron, create curls in your hair and allow them to set for a while. Before finishing the style off, run your fingers through the base of the hair and spray a light hold hairspray.
- Romantic updo: Even if you have a bob cut or shoulder length hair, you can have an updo and the same can look great for formal occasions or a romantic evening. If you have naturally curly hair, then this is a good style for you, and if you have straight hair, then you could curl your hair first, using a curling iron. Gently backcomb the hair at the crown and create a side partition. Random sections of the hair can then be pinned at the nape of the neck and in the area, just above it.
- Top knot: While a full-fledged top knot might not be possible with short hair, a half top knot most certainly is. Gather the top half of your hair around the crown and tie it up like a ponytail. Now, twist the lengths of the ponytail to create multiple knots and then secure the same with a rubber band or bobby pins. However, this is a style that looks better when it is slightly messy.
- Twisted half up: This is an elegant hairdo for a formal occasion and is actually quite easy and quick to do. Section the front part of your hair into two parts and the twist both of them towards the back. Once you are about to reach the centre, simply twist each end into the other, so that there is no clear line of demarcation of either sides. If there are any stray hairs, simply pin them inwards to hide them.
- Sleek updo: An ideal choice when you are trying to look all fancy, this hairstyle also works well when you have not had the time to wash your hair. The look is simple and all you need to do is tie a neat and tight braid till the tips of your hair. Then insert the entire length into the nape of the neck and make sure there are no loose or stray hairs.
- Wavy twists: This is a wonderful choice for women who have short hair that is curly or wavy in texture. Take a two inch section from one side of your head and twist it towards the back of your hair. Use bobby pins to secure the same. Take a section of the same size from the other side and repeat the process. Make sure that you join both sections at the centre of the head and secure the same well.
Source : www.hairboutique.com
Source : www.pinterest.com
Source : www.youtube.com
Source : www.hair-fashion-online.blogspot.com
Weddings are a time for celebration and for most women, it is the time to look their best and get decked up. While most women tend to pay maximum attention to the dress that they are going to wear, the manner in which they wear their hair will also be important. Over the past few years, more and more women are now looking at elegant and sophisticated hairdos, which will make them stand apart from the rest of the guests.
Here is a look at some of the most stylish hairstyles, which are ideal for weddings:
If you are in for a sophisticated wedding in the city, you could try the super sleek hairstyle. Apply liberal amounts of gel to your hair and comb it back. Pull the hair into a sleek ponytail and make sure that the ponytail sits towards one side. This look works well with medium and long hair.
Image Source : www.pinterest.com
Messy side ponytail
Not all people like the sleek look, because to many, the look is a harsh one. For such people, there is the option of the messy side ponytail, which can look quite gentle and feminine. Once you have washed your hair, use a towel to dry it out and before it dries out completely, work in a volumizer. Blow dry your hair, using your hands and no combs or brushes. Now, gently part the hair to one side and it is best that you not use a comb for the same, because a well-defined parting line will take away from the gentleness of the style. Secure the ponytail with a clear rubber band and use a small section of hair to gently cover the rubber band. You can even back comb the ponytail to give it more lift and volume.
Image Source : www.lauriebrown.net
A rolled chignon is extremely sophisticated, while providing a subtle gentleness to your entire look. In order to provide your hair the boost it requires, flip your head upside down and then blow dry your hair. Create a middle parting and remove small sections on either side of the parting, towards the crown of the head. Tease the crown lightly to create a sense of volume, but make sure that there is just a mild bump. After this, you can start rolling the hair into the chignon and make sure that the sections are secured with pins. You might have to use hair spray to ensure that the hair stays in place. Drape the sections from the front, moving it towards the back and make sure that the tops of the ears are covered gently. These sections should then to be twisted into loose coils, which should sit right above the bun.
Image Source : www.weddingomania.com
This is ideally a great choice for people who have wavy hair, and it can work well even for people who have straight hair, because it will need to be lightly curled or simply blow dried with a volumizer worked into the hair. Once you have made your hair curly or at least wavy, pull your hair into a low ponytail and remember to leave out a small section on either side of the ears. This is to ensure that there is an illusion of volume along the hairline. Twist the ponytail into a bun and secure it with as many pins as required. Take the two sections that had been kept aside near the ears, and wrap them around the bun and tuck them inwards.
Image Source : www.brides.com
A bun can be extremely elegant and also quite playful and many of them do not even require a lot of work. If you have straight hair, you are in luck, because otherwise you will need to blow dry and straighten your hair. A thickening spray will be very important, because it is the volume that will make this hairstyle work. Gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a clear rubber band and tease the same to generate extra fullness. Smooth the fluffed hair with a comb to make it look neat and then twist it into a reasonably neat bun. Secure all the loose ends with U pins and apply a light hold spray.
Image Source : www.boards.weddingbee.com
There are a few women in this world, who are blessed with a high neck and if you are one of those, then you can consider this hairstyle. Flip your hair upside down and blow dries it. Create a side parting and remove your bangs, if you have any or simply a section from the front of your crown. Gather the remaining hair into a ponytail, but instead of tying it up twist the hair into a bun and secure the same. smoothen the bangs into the bun and set with a hair spray.
Image Source : www.lorensworld.com