There are a rare few people who do not want their skin to look a little fairer or want to work their way up the complexion ladder. Although many people look at fairness creams to get to that skin tone that they want, nature offers several ingredients, which when used properly can give you whiter skin in a matter of days.
Here are some of the easiest methods of getting whiter skin, without medical intervention:
Lemons by nature are acidic and are nature’s bleaching agent, which is why they work really well on human skin too. In addition, the high levels of vitamin C encourage the production of new cells, making the skin healthier from within.
- Squeeze out the juice from one lemon and with the help of a cotton ball, apply it all over your face. If you do not have any open cuts or wounds, you can even cut a lemon in half and gently rub it all over your face, directly. Make sure that the juice remains on your skin for about 30 minutes, before washing it off.
- Mix a small spoon each of lemon juice, honey and milk powder to create a paste. Apply it to a face that has been washed with a mild facewash and then after 20 minutes, wash off with warm water.
- Combine three spoons of fresh lemon juice with one-third the amount of turmeric powder. Apply generously all over the face and then wash off after about 25 to 30 minutes.
Another natural ingredient which is rich in vitamin C and also has an acidic and bleaching nature is orange and there are plenty of ways you can use this juicy fruit to get lighter skin.
- Perhaps the easiest way to use oranges is to consume them, which can be in their natural form or in the form of freshly squeezed juice, with the pulp. One glass of juice or one orange a day should help nourish the skin from within.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to two large spoons of fresh orange juice and apply this to your face as well as neck. Ideally, this should be done as a pre-bedtime routine and should not be kept for more than 30 minutes.
- Dry orange peels and powder the same and to a spoonful of this powder, add the same amount of yoghurt and apply the paste to your face. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
Yoghurt is a rich source of lactic acid, and that is known to have bleaching properties, making it an ideal solution for skin whitening.
- You could rub regular yoghurt on your skin in a gentle massage and after a few minutes, you can wash the same off with warm water.
- Mix yoghurt with double the amount of honey and use this as a daily massage cream. It should be washed off after about 15 minutes.
- To create a yoghurt face mask, add a little lemon juice and crushed oatmeal to yoghurt and apply to the face. Once dry, it can be washed off with tepid water.
This is one of the most common ingredient in Indian kitchens and is an easy way to lighten skin complexion. If used properly, it can not only remove excess moisture from your skin, but also keep it naturally hydrated.
- You can create a thick paste by combing gram flour and rose water or even regular water. This mix can be applied to all parts of the body, including the face and should be washed off, once dry.
Honey is not only a bleaching agent, but also a natural moisturiser, which is why it is a great way to lighten dry skin. It also has antibacterial properties, which means that it helps with the reduction of pimples and acne.
- Pure honey can be applied directly to the face and left for a few minutes, before being washed off with warm water.
- Create a whitening mask by mixing a small spoon each of honey and lemon juice, along with a larger spoon of milk powder and a small spoon of almond oil. This mask should be applied to the face and washed off in about 15 minutes.
Coconut water might be a beloved drink during the summers, but it is also an elixir for those who want lighter skin.
- Rub a cotton ball in coconut water and dab it on your face and since it is so mild, there is no need to wash it off, unless your skin feels sticky.
Even though potatoes are not considered great for your health, they are certainly good for the health of your skin. All you have to do is cut a raw potato into half and rub the juice on your skin. Once the juice starts to dry up, you can rinse it off with warm water.
Turmeric is almost like nature’s one stop solution for a range of problems including helping lighten skin tone.
- If you can get some fresh cream, you can mix a small amount of turmeric powder to create a thick paste. The paste should be applied to the face and neck and washed off once dry.
- You could also create a face mask using gram flour, turmeric and lemon juice.
- Another combination that works is that of turmeric, gram flour and olive oil.
Papaya is fast becoming a super fruit and while regular consumption can help keep your weight down, it can also help with skin whitening.
- Cut a papaya and deseed it properly, before rubbing it on your skin. Once dry, you can wash it off.
- Cut and mash a ripe papaya and mix it with a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Use this paste to massage your face and neck, after which you need to leave it to dry for about 30 minutes.
Cucumber has properties that binds collagen and makes skin feel tighter and younger, along with making it look whiter.
- You can place cucumber slices directly on the areas that need to be lightened.
- A spoon each of cucumber and lemon juice should be combined and applied to the skin. This can be washed off, once dry.
If you are looking for medical intervention to make your skin look lighter and whiter, then you could consider meeting with the experienced cosmetologists at AK Clinics. From chemical peels to skin polishing procedures, there are a range of treatments you will be able to choose from.
Image Credit : www.huffingtonpost.com