Que: I have been diagnosed with alopecia areata, but what I really want to know is if the hair loss is permanent. Are there are any treatments to help with the condition?

Ans: Alopecia areata is an autoimmune condition, in which the hair loss is in patches. Ideally, you should consult a dermatologist, who will prescribe certain oral medications to help with the condition. If the response is not strong enough, you might require injections into the lesions.

Wwhatsapp Share This