Celebrities and Their New Hair
All over the world, there are a few men and women, we always look up to, because they have achieved so much in life. This is most visible in the world of entertainment and sports, because these men and women, catapult us to a world that we might not be able to see every day. National and international sporting stars not only give us a reason to cheer for your own country, but also for hard work and talent. Similarly, stars of the big as well as small screen allow us to dream about worlds that might not even exist in reality.
However, we need to realise that even celebrities are human beings and often undergo the same type of problems that we go through, including hair loss. But given that their appearance plays a great role in their success, these celebrities will try to cover up their baldness, as soon as possible and as effectively as possible too. While many celebrities have tried to keep their hair transplants under wraps, there are many who have spoken about it openly and some have even advertised the places, where they have gotten their procedures done.
Here is why celebrities have hair fall?
Almost all celebrities follow a strict diet and ensure that they work out on a regular basis, in order to maintain how their body looks. However, the same diet and work out could actually spell disappear with hair, because when the body does not get sufficient nutrients and there is too much testosterone in the body, due to the workouts, hair will fall. In addition, there is the usage of a lot of hair care products, many of which contain harmful chemicals that damage the hair follicles.
It is also important to understand that most celebrities spend most of their time either under harsh lights or the harsh sun, both of which can damage the hair, beyond repair. Actors also have to have their hair coloured, blow dried, straightened, crimped or curled for their roles, all of which spell trouble for their tresses. Then there is the fact that they often don’t get enough sleep or rest, both of which are actually essential for healthy hair.
In this article, we will take a look at some of the most famous names from the world of entertainment as well as sports, who have undergone hair transplant or restoration procedures.
Let’s start with the Indian entertainment industry:
Now let’s move onto the world of sports, where not only Indian but also international stars have undergone hair transplants:
Finally, moving onto the international arena of entertainment, which includes not only stars of the big screen, but also of the small one:
- Akshay Khanna – When he first burst on the scene, almost every girl was swooning over his cute smile and his adorable dimple. The fact that he could act as well, proved to be the cherry on the icing. However, his hair and career started to go downhill really soon, which is why perhaps he decided to get a hair transplant, in a bid to revive his professional life.
- Akshay Kumar – As age started catching up with this ‘Khiladi’, he realised that his body was beginning to show the same. A strict diet and exercise regime ensured that Akshay Kumar maintained his body, but his hair needed a little more help, which is why he got some hair colouring as well as hair weaving, which has breathed a new lease of life to the way he looks on screen.
- Tamil actor Vijay – Better known as Ilayathalapathy, Vijay has ruled the hearts of Tamil cinema audiences for several years. However, after his interesting hairstyles in his most recent outing Theri, Vijay started having trouble regaining his normal hair. This is when he decided that the only way back to winning even more hearts with his chocolate boy looks, would be through a hair transplant.
- Mammootty – If you say Muhammad Kutty Ismail Paniparambil, chances are that most people will not be able to identify the person, but the moment you say Mammootty, the image of one of the biggest stars of the South Indian movie industry flashes in front of your eyes. Even though he might not look the age, he is nearing 65, which is that time of life, when your hair starts to bid farewell. There are rumours that Mammootty has undergone a hair transplant, although he himself is not one to admit to the same.
- Mohanlal – Perhaps one of the biggest names in the south Indian movie industry, Mohanlal has been around for close to four decades and in the years that he has been around, not only has he played innumerable memorable characters but also garnered some of the biggest honours in the country. However, even all this success was not able to stop his hair loss, which is why it is rumoured that he had undergone a hair transplant. The fact that he still has a generous amount of hair on his head, despite being in his late 50s, could be proof of the pudding!