Summer time can be an outing time, vacation time or beach time for most of the people but at the same time, it’s a skin problem time for some people too. This fiery heat can be unappeasable on the skin. On one side, you want to enjoy those crop tops, strapless or tube dresses on the beach and flaunt your skin, while on the other hand, skin problems in summer like tanning, dry patches, overactive sebaceous glands, sunburn, acne or pigmentation. Let’s study in brief about the various skin problems in summer.
If you are experiencing more acne breakouts in summer, then this is very common. In summer, heat and humidity increases the sweat & sebum production resulting in clogged pores & acne breakouts in acne prone skin. The bacterial action on clogged pores makes it worse and your skin may appear awful. But, no need to worry as there are various ways to treat acne in summer.
Treatments to Remove Acne in Summer
With the advancements in cosmetology, there are many recent ways to cure acne. The most common methods to remove acne are;
Natural Remedies to Treat Acne
There are various natural methods to treat acne easily. These natural remedies for acne can be effective sometimes if your acne is in initial stages but if your acne is in severe condition, then you must visit doctor.
1) Tea Tree Oil for Acne
2) Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne
3) Honey & Cinnamon Mask for Acne
4) Witch Hazel for Acne (Hamamelis virginiana)
Nowadays, there are various skin tanning products for artificial tanning but not everybody likes tanned skin. Definitely sun is a good source of vitamin D but excessive exposure of the body to sun accelerates the melanin production which results in skin tanning in summer. But nothing to worry about as there are various methods to remove sun tan and you can get clear and tan free skin easily.
Treatments to Remove Sun Tan Sun tan can speed up the aging process and can cause other skin problems too. But thanks to the cosmetology, we can slower the signs of aging now. Following are the effective methods to remove skin tanning;
Natural Remedies to Treat Sun Tan
You can remove skin tan with kitchen ingredients easily. Whether you skin is tanned due to strolling around the town or you were relaxing at a beach, you can cure sun tan with these home remedies for sun tan removal easily.
1) Lemon and Honey for Sun Tan
2) Cucumber for Sun Tan
3) Bengal Gram (Besan), Curd & Turmeric for Sun Tan
4) Tomato for Sun Tan
After a prolong exposure of your skin in the sun, you may notice dark brown spots on your face. Wondering what it is? Melasma it is. Direct UV rays accelerate the melanocytes production which further produces more melanin (pigment). This causes those dark spots or patches to appear on your face. Sometimes, it is difficult to get rid of dark spots or even it is hard to cover these melasma spots with makeup. Well, there are methods to remove melasma spots with certain treatments nowadays. Let’s study in brief about the ways to treat melasma.
Treatments for Melasma
There are mostly two types of treatments of melasma. One is topical and other is dermatological methods.
- Topical Treatments of Melasma: There are various topical creams, lotions or gels available in the market. These ointments mostly contain hydroquinone, corticosteroids, tretinoin, Tranexamic acid, niacinamide or alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) etc. These topical treatments to remove melasma work by halting the production of melanocytes and also fade the existing spots or pigmentation of skin.
- Dermatological Treatments: These treatments include laser therapy, micro-needling, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, skin polishing, cryosurgery etc. These are the effective and latest methods to remove melasma and are completely safe. You can see visible results in 2-3 sessions. These treatments have minimal to no side effects and gives the best results after melasma treatment.
Natural Remedies for Melasma
If your melasma is not severe and you don’t want to use chemicals on your skin, then you can sue these home remedies for melasma to get a clear skin.