Foods and Fruits for Anti Ageing and Wrinkle Free Skin
Aging is a natural process, but how quickly or slowly the same happens is something that can actually be controlled. As a matter of fact, if you are willing to follow some steps from your late teens, there is no reason why you can’t look young for a really long time. Perhaps the biggest contributor to your skin looking young and wrinkle free is what you put inside your body – the food that you eat.
Image Credit : www.health.com
Here are some of the fruits that you should include in your diet for Anti-Ageing:
- Apple - They say that an apple a day can keep the doctor away, but little did they know that the same apple can also keep wrinkles at bay. While you should eat an apple as and when possible, you can even use it on your skin. Apple juice has enzymes that can keep the water levels of the skin naturally high and apple cider vinegar works are a wonderful natural toner.
- Banana – Bananas are high in potassium, vitamins C and B6, manganese and natural antioxidants, which is why they can really help with premature aging. You could also use bananas in a natural face mask, by combining it with a little bit of honey.
- Papaya – The humble papaya has emerged as a super fruit in the past few years, especially because several of its magical properties being discovered. Consume a bowl of this fruit and not only control your weight and diabetes, but also how your skin ages. You could also use it as a toner, by applying the extract on your face or allow it to improve your complexion, while fighting wrinkles.
- Watermelon – The ever popular summer fruit is actually a storehouse of vitamins, mineral and antioxidants and regular consumption can ensure that your skin is nourished from inside. Watermelon can also help with the discoloration that often comes with the aging of skin.
- Grapes – Grapes are a good source of vitamin C as well as manganese and when there is a combination of both, they have a strong antioxidant presence. In addition, the same combination is able to barricade the skin from the damage that sunlight can cause.
- Berries – The world of berries is huge and most of the berries are known to have antioxidant properties as well as high levels of vitamin C. Both of these ensure the constant presence of collagen in the skin, leaving it supple and young looking. Blackberries have rutin, a flavonoid, which is not only known to improve collagen levels in the body, but also reduce the formation of blood clots. Similarly, blueberries can reduce inflammation in the body and the damage that oxidation can cause.
- Pomegranate – This popular middle eastern fruit, which is now available all over the world and is a wonderful source of phosphorus, riboflavin, minerals and vitamins all of which work towards increasing the collagen levels in your skin.
- Kiwi – Yet again, there are strong antioxidants in kiwi, which can not only firm skin up, but also prolong the formation of those fine lines. In addition, being high in vitamin C, regular consumption of kiwi can also repair the damage caused by free radicals.
Moving onto the vegetables that can help fight the battle against skin aging:
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which is one of the strongest adherents of free radicals and regular consumption of the same allows for firmer skin and more elasticity.
- Eggplant – Even though this is not a very popular vegetable, it most certainly is one of the best for anti-ageing. The reason why eggplant is a deep purple is because of the presence of nasunin, which is a nutrient that is known to fight free radicals.
- Kale – This is perhaps one of the most popular superfoods these days, and growing number of people are choosing to add it to their diet, because it can improve your skin tone and keep it looking young and supple for a really long time.
- Red bell pepper – This pretty looking vegetable has high levels of vitamin C, making it an ideal addition to your meals in order to enjoy wrinkle free skin. In addition, certain other nutrients encourage the production of collagen.
There are also other ingredients that can help with keeping your skin young, such as:
- Olive oil – Olive oil is an ingredient which offers natural hydration from within, because it has polyphenols, which are known to be potent antioxidants. You can even apply olive oil on your face and body, to keep it nourished and healthy.
- Fish – Choose fish that are high in omega 3 fatty acids, because these are known to give a natural shine and elasticity to the skin.
- Chocolate and wine – Both of these might be considered unhealthy lifestyle choices, but the fact of the matter is that both of them, if taken in moderation can help maintain the youthfulness of the body and skin.
There are also some foods that you should ideally avoid, if you want to have skin that is young looking and truly elastic:Sugar and salt – While both might add to the taste of foods, they are not the best options for your body and skin. As long as you keep a tab on how much of either you are taking, you should be fine. High fat, high dairy – Too much fried foods, too much of red meats could also lead to your skin breaking out into acne and becoming oily, which eventually could lead to your skin becoming flaccid. You should also keep a tab on the amount of bakery items that you consume, because these are normally made using sugar, butter and flour. If you are looking for cosmetic procedures to ensure that your skin is constantly looking young and fresh, you could look at some of the services offered by AK Clinics, Botox, including skin polishing, chemical peels and specialised anti-ageing treatments such as facial fillers, vampire facelifts and fractional laser.