What exactly is laser tattoo removal?
To put it very simply – laser tattoo removal is the process of removing a tattoo using laser – however, the deeper facts about the process are that this procedure is not the easiest and neither will it be quick. Although getting a tattoo might not take a lot of time, removing it most certainly will; which is why you need to make sure that you understand all the facts and think the decision through. In most cases, people require multiple sessions to get the tattoo completely removed.
The basic tenet behind laser tattoo removal is this – the high intensity light of the laser is directed on the tattoo and it penetrates the skin, breaking down the pigments that are present in the colours. Gradually, when all the pigments are broken down, the colours will start to disappear and you will have your normal skin back. However, with certain colours, you need a specialised laser, which is when the cost factor will go up. So you will need to meet our expert dermatologist to understand the permanent tattoo removal process.
How does laser tattoo removal work?
When you walk into AK Clinics, one of the best tattoo removal clinics in Bangalore, you will first be given all the information that you need. You will be told in detail how the entire procedure will be done and only after your consent will the process be started. One of the easiest colours to remove is black, because this is one colour that can absorb all laser wavelengths. So if your tattoo is made up of only black, it will be very easy to remove. However, if there are other colours in your tattoo, then it will take a few more sessions and perhaps even different types of lasers.
When you arrive at the clinic, your tattoo will be given a thorough lookover, because this will allow our doctors to decide how to proceed – depending on how large the tattoo is, where it is located on your body and how long ago it was made, we will be able to chart our course of removal. Although your age will not play a major factor, the colour of your skin will definitely have a role to play, because lighter skin reacts to the laser differently than darker skin. As a matter of fact, your skin colour and the colours in your tattoo is what will help our technician decide what kind of laser to use. These aspects will also play a deciding role in how many sessions will be needed. In most cases, smaller the tattoo, the lesser the time it takes to remove it, but larger tattoos will need more time and effort.
It is also important to remember that the procedure is not completely painless, but when you get your laser tattoo removal in Bangalore done at AK Clinics, we will ensure that the discomfort is minimal. We will give you local anaesthesia, so that you have absolutely no pain, while the laser is being used and once the session is over, we will give you an ice pack to help reduce any subsequent discomfort.
In order to perform our permanent tattoo removal procedures, we use the most modern machines, including the ALMA-Q laser, which is a Triple-Mode Nd:YAG Laser. The machine has Q-Switched, Long as well as Double Pulse Modes, which allow for the proper removal of pigmentation, without causing any damage to the surrounding skin tissues.
Tattoo removal cost in Bangalore
The tattoo removal cost in Bangalore or any other city in the world will depend on a range of factors.The cost of tattoo removal will be dependent on a range of factors, including:
- The size of the tattoo – the larger the tattoo, the more time it will take to remove and the more expensive it will get.
- The age of the tattoo – if the tattoo was made a long time back, then the colours would have set into the skin, making it a lot tougher to remove
- The ink of the tattoo – if the ink is of an extremely high concentration, removing it will require a lot more sessions.
- The location of the tattoo – if the tattoo is located on a delicate part of the body, then removing it will require a lot more precision and time, making the procedure expensive.
- The colours of the tattoo – plain black tattoos are perhaps the easiest to remove, but more the colours, more the time it will take to remove. With certain colours, a special laser needs to be used, hence making the procedure more expensive.
What are the benefits of laser tattoo removal?
Whether you are regretting getting that tattoo or you feel that the ink on your body might hinder your professional life, permanent tattoo removal in Bangalore is now possible, because of the expertise of the doctors at AK Clinics. With us, you can be assured of the best treatment, because we utilise the most modern equipment. If you are considering getting your tattoo removed, then laser is the best way to go:
- The light of the laser will target only the colours, leaving the healthy skin cells undamaged.
- Any type of tattoo can be removed
- There are no nicks or cuts, reducing the downtime drastically.
- The recovery process is extremely small – all you have to do is keep your skin protected from direct sunlight.
- The laser will ensure that there is no scarring.
- You can choose to have the entire tattoo removed or only a part of it.
- There is almost no chance of any infections.
What do you need before, during and after a laser tattoo removal procedure?
When you are at the best tattoo removal clinic in Bangalore, you will be given all the information well in advance, including what you need to do before, during and after a procedure.
- The before: There is not much that you will have to do before the procedure – you will be asked to try and avoid direct sunlight for a few days and ensure that you do not use any chemical products on your skin for a few days.
- The during: The area of the tattoo will be cleaned thoroughly and you will be given protective eyewear. A topical anaesthesia will ensure that you feel little to no discomfort and then the laser will be directed onto the tattoo.
- The after: For about 24 hours, you will be asked to regularly apply cold compress on the area, as this will reduce the inflammation and the slight pain that might be present. You will be asked to keep physical activities to the minimal for a few days and you will also be asked to avoid hot water baths or any other exposure to hot water or steam. You will be prescribed medicated ointments, which you will have to apply. The treated area will have to be kept clean and dry and even though you might have some itching, blistering or scabbing, you will be asked to resist the temptation to touch the area. Painkillers as well as regular medication can be taken only if okayed by the doctor. The treated area needs to be protected from sunlight and you will also be asked to avoid shaving. And of course, the fastest healing will happen if you hydrate your body, by drinking lots of water.